Wednesday, May 16, 2012

That wave of hunger

I really don't know what is about huger that makes it so inconsistent. Sometimes I find myself at home hard at work. My sister and my room faces the east. Every morning, I hate how much I have to wake up on the weekends because the sun is shining too bright in my face. Anyway as I start working there, the sun is still coming in through my window. By the time that I decide to take a break, I find myself in the dark. The only thing that is giving me light is my computer screen. I can't believe it. I have been typing, reading and contemplating what to write. I hear a knock at the door. My brother comes in and tells me that my parents said it's time for dinner. "I'm not hungry," I tell my brother. I mean my stomach hasn't grumbled one time since I came up here to work on my things. About half any hour later, I find myself forced to come downstairs because for some odd reason my parents think that ever since I came to IMSA I don't eat anything and that I'm starving myself or something. In reality they don't know about all the extra things I eat because of the stress. However, when I'm there with them it doesn't help that my stomach doesn't give some kind of signal that it wants food so I don't go looking for it. I get to the kitchen and look at what my mom has made for dinner and I can't believe it. All of a sudden I just feel this wave of hunger come. My stomach all of a sudden is like a dying bird, making all those weird noises. Man, where the hell did this even come from? Damn, as I'm grabbing the chicken nuggets my mouth is just starting to water. I place one in my mouth and it's like heaven. As if I had been deprived of food for like the past day. I just don't understand it. How can that even happen??? It just seems to be one of the odd habits/things that I developed since I came to IMSA. I wonder if I'm the only one...

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you aren't the only one with these hunger waves because I have them all the time :] I thought this blog post was a lot better than the first one because the reader can see the progression of thoughts etc. of your mind. I also think you did a great job of continuing your blog title theme in your post because you talk about how your tummy does and doesn't tell you when to eat. Honestly, this post doesn't seem to need to be changed because it seems as though it is written very much so in your voice and on a good topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tone and voice are very clear and consistent in this post. I think it was nice how the post is in a diary-like format, kind of like a personal monologue (which contributes to making the tone and voice clear and consistent). Also, I guess it is the topic of the post, but I felt like the post was very relatable (also because of the mentions of IMSA). The topic of the post was well chosen because it goes well with the title of your blog and because it is a topic that anyone can relate to. Overall, this post was very personalized which made it easier to read.

    ReplyDelete